Wednesday, September 23, 2009

University Registration

I had my first introductory class this morning at Birmingham University and everything seemingly went well.

I sat for about 2 hours listening to about 10 people talk to us about a various range of things to do with university life and I would say that 8 of the 10 people talked to us at one point or another about the many different avenues that exist for helping students having problems or in crisis.

It really makes me wonder how hard this is going to be. I mean, they were pushing it THAT hard.

After all that I went and had my picture taken for my student ID card aka my discount card and signed some paperwork so I can have the privilege to park in a pay as u stay parking lot about a 5 minute walk from my building.

Although, I noticed a nice huge house on the corner-- right across from my building. I am contemplating going and knocking on their door to see if I can pay them to utilize their drive way for 3 days a week or so.

I mean, the pay as you park parking lot is only a £1 for the entire day but I never have coins on me and parking is semi-scarce. If the home-owners agree then I will pay them a fee up front per term and that way I can keep my policy of avoiding coins.

Oh and I think I am going to play American football for the university... If they take me that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment